THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Yes, I am a Stay At Home Mom and I LOVE it..........

I was talking to someone the other day and this person said to me "you are only a stay at home mom." It got me thinking......

I do not think people fully comprehend what it requires to be a stay at home mom. Only is the word that bothers me. It is MORE than a full time job! No one can really know what it is like until they have done it themselves. It requires being a teacher, a nurse, a librarian, a nutritionist, a counselor, a friend, a disciplinarian, a maid and cook, and so much more.  Not to mention all the other housemaking duties such as laundry, dishes, vacuuming, dusting, mopping,  and bathroom cleaning duties.  Yes, Aaron helps me with those if I get behind or if I am too exhausted. However, I feel like it is MY duty since he has to go to work -----I can't help him at his job so I feel it isn't fair to him if he needs to help me with mine. There's no denying that being a full-time stay-at-home Mom is both rewarding and challenging.  

This is how I feel almost everyday:


That said, I would not trade doing it for money, fame,or anything else. I love that I am home because I get to talk with my kids, laugh with them, teach them, help them, and simply be with them.  

There are so many moments that I would never be able to experience via Mommy-cam. Today for instance, Emma sat in my lap and lovingly brushed my hair out of my face and kissed me sweetly on my cheek, just as I have done to her countless times. When Olivia runs up to me and wraps her arms around my legs and squeezes me and gives me a kiss on my leg before running into the other room to play. I have seen both my children's first steps, I have heard their first words, I am there to care for them when they are sick. I have the joy of seeing them wake up everyday with a smile on their face. I am very thankful to have the best job in the world.

0 comments: