THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Another update...

Olivia has learned to take off her clothes and she thinks it is quite funny to run around our house in just a diaper. When at home, it isn't that big of a deal-----but I have a fear that she will start taking her clothes off in public or at other people's houses. At first it bothered me. I thought Olivia was weird----because Emma never went though a naked phase. But the more parents I talked to, the more I learned that what she's doing is completely normal.



An article on www.babycenter.com also assures me that my daughter running around naked is completely normal. The article asserts that when a toddler undresses herself, it involves very advanced motor skills, demonstrates independence from Mom and Dad, and shows that she's capable of making her own choices.

Also, it states that she needs practice taking her clothes off and it should not be discouraged because it could help her potty train faster. 
I hope she doesn't want to stay in the naked phase for very long.......

On another note, here is a picture of Emma with our big cat Barnaby ---who everyone calls Iggy. He is a giant in appearance--but he is gentle at heart. No, he is not pure fat---he is mostly muscle. I think it is in his genetics to be a big cat---because he is FAR from lazy. The girls wrestle him and tackle him and he is so patient and loving with them. He may get frustrated with the kids and if he does he will leave the room---but he has never hurt them. He is such a sweetie.






0 comments: